Wednesday 28 October 2009

Wind In My Hair

Lara Favaretto
at the Tramway 23rd Oct - 13th Dec 2009

Lara Favaretto creates such an atmosphere in this exhibition space, a feeling that was totally new to me. I was able to really feel the presence of this work as well as see them, hear them, it was an incredible experience. Colourful hairy giants of all shapes and sizes swirling at random, you could feel the wind in your hair as you moved around the room. It was a beautiful thing. And as I walked around I could feel the energy of the people too - everyone smiling, laughing, getting a real buzz off her work. I've never felt an atmosphere so electric. Maybe it had something to do with the free booze that was on offer at the opening, but either way, I think its lush. I'm going back again - sober this time. I'll probably love it more.

1 comment: