Tuesday 20 April 2010

Studio Installation - Site Place Context


After having experimented with drawing the landscape, I took my ideas back into the studio and thought about the space I was in, and how i might draw contours for the studio. This led me to take interest in what was happening within the space, between the walls and the floor for example, or between the floor and the furniture upon it. Taking inspiration from artists such as Monika Grzymala and Sharyn O'Mara, I started drawing out this relationship using black straws and graph/lined paper, as a sort of 3D line moving around the space, exploring different surfaces and planes. I set to work in my corner where I made a 3Dimensional drawing that tumbled from wall to plynth, plynth to floor, floor to chair..

No comments:

Post a Comment